|Custom Liquid Silicone Rubber Products
|100% Food Grade Silicone
|Customized as requirement
Liquid silicone rubber (LSR) injection molding is a manufacturing process used to produce parts or products made from silicone rubber. JEsilicone has 20+ years experience in LSR injection molding industry, the following are some of our sucessful cases of custom liquid silicone rubber molding products.
1. Design and Mold Preparation: The first step is to create a design for the desired silicone rubber product. This can be done using computer-aided design (CAD) software. Once the design is finalized, a mold is created based on the design specifications. The mold typically consists of two halves that fit together to form a cavity.
2. Material Preparation: Liquid silicone rubber is a two-part material that needs to be mixed before injection. The two components, a base material and a curing agent, are mixed together in specific ratios. This can be done manually or using automated mixing equipment.
3. Injection Molding: The mixed liquid silicone rubber is injected into the mold cavity through a nozzle or sprue. The injection process can be automated using machinery designed for LSR injection molding. The mold is usually clamped shut during the injection to prevent leakage.
4. Curing and Solidification: After the liquid silicone rubber is injected into the mold, it undergoes a curing process to solidify. The curing time and temperature depend on the specific silicone rubber material being used. Heat is typically applied to accelerate the curing process.
5. Mold Opening and Part Removal: Once the curing process is complete, the mold is opened, and the solidified silicone rubber part is removed. The part may require additional finishing processes, such as trimming excess material or post-curing, depending on the specific requirements.
6. Quality Control: The finished parts are inspected for any defects, such as air bubbles, flash, or dimensional inaccuracies. Various quality control techniques, including visual inspection and measurements, can be employed to ensure the parts meet the desired specifications.